Tuesday, April 19, 2011 | By: Anita

Flight Delay

The last few trips that we've gone on we have flown with sunwing airlines. To say that they are a great airline company is an understatement. From take-off to landing this company cares about the comfort of its passengers. With complimentary champagne cocktail, to full course meals, the flight is a great way to start any holiday.

On our return trip we found out that we had a flight delay. Thankfully we found out before we were at the airpport giving us more time to rest in the beautiful Dominican Republic. In fact our initial flight time was at 9:30 pm, which had us leaving the resort at 6:25pm. Since the restaurant doesn't open until 6:30pm we were would not have been able to have eaten supper. Now with the flight delay and not leaving the resort until 9:00pm, we enjoyed a leisurely final meal and soaked up as much sun as we could. The reason I post this, is to remind myself, that in this past I would have become very frustrated with a change in "my" schedule. After all I had plans...... however as I've grown older I've realized that all things happen for a reason and there is no sense in getting anxious about things you cannot change, but to look for the best in each situation. As we landed in Toronto much later than anticipated, we learned that the delay was caused by mechanical difficulty on a previous plane which delayed many other planes as well.

Wayne & I were both very thankful that if a delay had to occur atleast it was on the end of the trip and not at the beginning. However I hope that if that ever happens on a future trip that I would be able to be as understanding as I was this time.

Blessings

0 comments: