Tuesday, May 4, 2010 | By: Anita

yawn

It's 4:45am and I'm awake...... ugh! how frustrating! It seems more and more of late, I am having trouble sleeping, which could explain why I am so tired all the time. But then if I am SO tired why can't I sleep? Sometimes I wonder if it's because I have too much on my proverbial plate, or is it because I have too much on my mind and then cannot rest properly?

For me, journalling is a great approach to clearing the mind which can give a cleansing to the soul. Knowing that I have all the necessary info written down somewhere can give my mind the 'rest' it needs rather than trying to remember it all.

Faithful readers will call the post Irony, where I admit that sleeping in has become almost non-existant. I'm hoping that this even earlier rising does not become a habit. I need my ZZZ's.
Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a very nice picture, mom. did you paint it while you were up at 5AM THIS MORNING? ahhhh that's insomnia.

Catherine said...

I think we are kindred spirits when it comes to the journalling. I need to do more of it. And unlike others, sleeping is not a coping mechanism for me, so it doesn't help when my preverbial plate is full as well. One thing I did for a friend was pray over her bed that it would bring her the deep rest she needed :)