Sunday, May 16, 2010 | By: Anita

A Day to Rest

It's been mentioned before that for the month of May I'm working at two jobs. As an administrative assistant at the church and as a greenhouse technician at Huron Ridge Acres. Combined these to two jobs take up 47 hours of my week each week, add to that my regular list of things; cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, plus during this time of year; there's lawn to mow, flowers & garden to maintain and of course I still like to take time for just me by either reading, kitting or walking. Needless to say, its busy, so much, that sometimes I need to just rest.

Thankfully today was that day for me. After lunch I spent a gloriously relaxing afternoon sitting outside on the patio, soaking up some sun and reading my book. Wayne had given me a beautiful planter with pink petunias and white bacopa that sits on the picnic table and while I was sitting outside today I had this teeny little visitor. I didn't bother trying to get my camera, I figured as soon as I moved the little guy would be long gone, so I 'borrowed' this picture from the Internet. He was as busy as can be visiting each flower, I wonder if they ever get to rest.......

It makes sense to take a day every now and then and just rest. Resting from everything you normally do can you give you not only the much needed break from work but also, can help put things back into perspective. Today gave me the time I needed to re-evaluate what it is I do and where I want to see myself end up. I don't want to look back at this time with regret but to enjoy this season in life.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

I guess it is true that we are only as busy as we make ourselves to be
it is also then our responsibilty to take the time to rest and remind ourselves at the what and why we keep ourselves so busy. and also then to re-juivinate and re-evaluate what will continue to
keep ourselves busy

blessings
Bliss