Sunday, April 4, 2010 | By: Anita

Blog Block

ugh! I've been struggling the past few days with what to write. It's not that nothing has been going on, quite the opposite. This weekend has been busy. In fact when I stop to think about it, alot has happened since I last wrote. But nothing it seems is blog worthy. I envy fellow blogger friends who seem to have a never-ending supply of topics to tantalize, taunt and tease their readers. You know who you are! I have what seems to be a writer's block of some sort.

According to Wikipedia ~ Writer's block is a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task in hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers. It's amazing that I'm actually facing one, despite the fact that I am not even a real writer.

Top 3 reason why I have blogger's block:
1. I am a perfectionist. I operate under the belief that in order for me to post anything on my blog, it should be a coherent & meaningful.
2. I am a “slow-cooker” writer which means that I need ideas to simmer for awhile. I need a lot of time to process my thoughts before I'm ready to share them.
3. While many bloggers are quite content to be spontaneous, impulsive, and informal, I have this crazy notion that I should strive to take blogging to a higher level.

So until then.....

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't beat yourself up too much. i haven't blogged for weeks.

ps. your picture is cute.
pps. i am soooo unfocused and don't want to do homework. :( how many more days?