Tuesday, April 13, 2010 | By: Anita

Living with MEN

I have been blessed with 2 boys, who now are 21 & 19. Adding their dad to the equation gives me three men that I live with. Now, there are some definite perks to living with men. They don't use the bathroom as long as girls. They don't care what is served for dinner, only that dinner is served. The house could be as messy as possible and they are not concerned with it. There is always enough muscle in the house to open any jar. Since all my guys are taller than I am, it's nice to have them grab that hard to reach item on the top shelf.

However, there are times I must admit I do not enjoy that I live with all men. Like that fact that the toilet seat is almost always up. To guys this is no big deal, but to us, women, it's huge. After all if you've ever fallen in the toilet once, that is one time to many, despite what boys might think. Or that burping with words can be used to contribute to dinnertime conversation.

With Krystle finishing school at the end of this month, I'm trying my best to convince her to move back home so I can have a short reprieve from living with just men. Don't get me wrong, I love my men, each one of them, but sometimes, just sometimes I need girl time.

Blessings

4 comments:

tomandlynette said...

Come on over for some girl time!!!

Betty said...

My first chuckle of the day:)

Becky said...

Welcome to my REALITY!!

But I would never trade my boys for a house full over OVER DRAMATIC girls!!!

It is sort of nice to know what to expect (even if the behavior is NOT always polite)

At least you have a girl to look forward to coming home even if it is just occasionally..

you learn to live with whom you've been given to share space with

Blessings Bliss

Anonymous said...

l.o.l. that's too funny. yes, i will move home to relieve you from living with all BOYS.