Wednesday, April 7, 2010 | By: Anita

Home Alone

Macaulay Culkin starred in the 1990 movie Home Alone. In the movie 'Kevin' wishes his family away and wakes the next morning to find them gone. Quite happily he runs around the house, jumps on the bed, eats all the junk food his tummy can handle, and watches movies his mother would disapprove of. At the same time two intruders, plan to break into the (almost) vacant home. Kevin musters up a plan not only to stop the burglars but also to punish them through different booby traps set around his house, which include flying paint cans, a BB gun, and a doorknob heated with an electric charcoal lighter.

At the end of the movie he realizes how much he has missed his family and wishes them back - giving us the happily ever after ending with the family arriving home, bright and early on Christmas morn.

OK, so you're probably wondering what's the connection from the movie to what I am writing about. Well I am home alone, and before you ask - no I did not run around the house, no I did not jump on the bed, eat all the junk food my tummy can handle, nor watch any movie my mother would disapprove of. ^.^

With Wayne & Kyle gone to volleyball and Darcy at work, I appreciated my quiet house. Having Sasha curled up beside me, I sat in the over-sized chair near the fireplace reading a book and savoured a glass of white wine. ahhh how I relish these moments!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you to make the most of your time at home alone!!!
I love to sit and read when kids are out of the house

Blessings
Bliss