Friday, March 12, 2010 | By: Anita

Student Life

Thursday night I had the opportunity to hang out with Krystle at Heritage. It had been several months since my last sleep-over and I was hoping for one more opportunity before she graduated and left the life of dorm and school. I love spending time with her in her environment. To get a complete view of life at school, we (like many others) spent the evening in the Library. Like my previous post I could and we did spent quite a bit of time there, looking for different books. Returning to dorm we retired for the night as we had 'class' in the morning.

As we sat in Dr. Wilson's History class, I soon realized I am not cut out for school. Students quickly tapping on their laptops taking notes, trying to decipher the importance of all he says. I always found if difficult to know what was important to write down and what wasn't important. I'm also a very sloppy writer and trying to re-read what I've written and to remember the text in which it was written confuses me. Having a laptop would have been very beneficial, and a great way to improve ones typing skills. I was quite astounded though that the majority of the class still took notes the old-fashioned way. After sitting through a 2 1/2 hour lecture, we enjoyed lunch at the cafeteria. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to see what it's like. Never having the opportunity to attend post-secondary school; it's been wonderful to catch a glimpse of it with Krystle.

Blessing

3 comments:

Candice said...

It's never too late to go back...

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how you are able to take a picture of my room, without me knowing it! hahaha. good times, good times. I enjoy having you around as my sidekick. :)

Becky said...

I agree with you, I am glad for the opportunity I had to be in school when I was...but COULD NOT imagine going back. I am glad that season of my life is past, now to just be able to endure as my kids go through school...(which according to Aaron is NOT going to end soon enough)

So glad you were able to have one more time at school with Kryssi as this chapter in her life is coming to a close ( for new things to open). It is great you have such and GREAT relationship with your girl DON"T ever take it for granted

Blessings
Bliss