Saturday, March 6, 2010 | By: Anita

Family Fun

When our kids were younger we would spend Friday nights together at home playing games, or watching movies. As the kids grew older, our games changed too, it didn't matter what we played, only that we were together. As they became involved in other things, like MYF (youth at church), school sports, going to friend's for sleepovers our family fun Friday nights came to an end.

Last night however, was the rare occasion that all our kids were home. It was wonderful to sit around the table playing different games, talking, laughing, snacking, spending time together. I hadn't realized just how much I was missing our family fun Friday nights, until it returned.

Blessings

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am sure these "rare" all together evenings will be a treasured treat...
helps me to realize to make the MOST of the time I have with my boys...they are growing so fast.. I know too soon I too will be where you are in your family life.
I guess that is why God made older sisters, so the younger can learn from where they have been

Blessings
Bliss

Anonymous said...

Wow, this one got me choked up a little. I didn't realize how much family game night changed and "grew up." It's kind of weird to think that we (us kids) won't all live at home anymore!