Sunday, May 10, 2009 | By: Anita

Mom-sense


Funny but true, we as moms have probably all said atleast one or two of these things, I stopped counting. ^.^

Today is a day in which we are honoured as moms and to honour our own moms.

As a litle girl I remember being asked what I wanted to be when I grow up, I'm sure many people were surprized that I would answer 'a mom'. There is so much pressure on women these days, to have to choose between a career, or be a stay-at-home mom. I remember when I decided to stay at home, there wasn't much support. I always felt that I had to defend my decision. Therefore I've become an advocate for the stay-at-home moms that I am in contact with, to support them with their decision. Society doesn't seem to acknowledge Motherhood as a profession. sad, isn't it.

I am one of the lucky girls to have two moms in my life. Of course there is my biological mom Sharon, who nurtured me through the first 17 years of my life, but there is also my Aunt Ginny whom I lived with for a year before I married Wayne. I adopted her and my Uncle Ken as my Ma & Pa. Both of these women have greatly influenced my life. So here's wishing " A Happy Mother's Day", to both my mom and my mama. I love you both!

It seems unfair that we take one day out of the year to thank our moms for the... well, everything they've done for us.

I love being a mom to Krystle, Kyle & Darcy, for the opportunities that each one has given me. They've taught me so many things, to love unconditionally, to stretch my faith, to test my patience, they've given me more joy than I could ever imagine, and to laugh, oh how we laugh! They've given me some of my best memories. I am more than blessed to have these three wonderful kids call me mom, there's nothing more precious than that.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very unfortunate that we do not pay more tribute to those in our lives that have influenced us in so many ways...moms dads sisters and brothers.....
Thanks again for being such a wonderful sister to me..you have influences my life in so many ways...thanks for always being there as a listening ear and going for latte...which reminds me when do we go again...LOL
Blessings
Bliss

Becky said...

Very cute clip by the way...I think I may have said a few of those myself a time or two..BUT there has to be some perks to being a mom....\