Monday, May 25, 2009 | By: Anita

Celebrating

Today is Krystle's 22nd birthday.


Since she is living away from home this summer we ended up celebrating yesterday with her by going to Woodlands - probably one of her favourite summer spots. (it's an outdoor restaurant that serves the best soft serve ice-cream)
So of course, I called her today to wish her a 'Happy Birthday' and told her again just how proud I am of her. During one of her classes at Heritage the prof stated that we (people in general) tend to be proud of the "what" our kids do, and not the "who" our kids are.

To Krystle:
There are so many things to say and yet as I pause to think of you, I fill up with tears at the love that overflows from my heart. Our first child and only girl - you have so many gifts: your desire to serve God with all your heart, soul & mind; the talent you exhibit at playing the piano; your creative genius; the ambition you have for higher education; your willingness to help others; and the fact that you love me unconditionally even though I've made my share of mistakes are just a few of the reasons I love you.
I know I've said this many times and it's probably tiresome, but I am SO proud of you and am honoured to have you call me mom.
Happy Birthday Kryssi!


Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!! is the icecream cake???
so hard to believe your oldest is 22..it seems forever ago when she was our little flower girl and NOW she is busy making plans for her own day down the isle..can that be possible...
she has grown and continues to grow into a BEAUTIFUL woman of God
Blessings
Bliss

Anonymous said...

Momma! That was sooo nice :) What a tremendous way to start my day. Love you, K.

Anonymous said...

ps. i don't look too bad ;)