Sunday, May 17, 2009 | By: Anita

19 and counting....


It's hard to believe that it was 19 years ago today, that Darcy Grant (named after my Dad) joined our family.

We celebrated for most of the day eating BBQ'd hamburgers out on the new (to me) patio table. ohh it was wonderful!
Then in the afternoon we played the game "Disney's Scene it", I couldn't believe my luck when I found this at the public library in the donation section. Krystle & Kyle were team, Wayne & Darcy were a team, and Gerard & I were a team, it was a pretty close game, but Krystle & Kyle won. way to go guys! It was such good fun.

We began a new tradition when Krystle turned 19, we took our kids out to a restaurant of their choice and we bought their first drink. Well it wasn't exactly Darcy's first drink but rather is first 'legal' drink ^.^ - Darcy chose Red Lobster. We had such a wonderful time together, chatting & laughing and what a meal, oh my it was tasty!

I think back to where we were 19 years ago, bringing this little (well he was 8lbs 14 oz) boy into the world and I think to myself how quickly that time has gone by.

It's been an amazing journey together so far... I look forward to many more birthdays and years together.
Happy Birthday Darcy!!!

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW hard to believe your baby is now 19.....time sure flies fast....
sounds like a fun day of celbrating...I am impressed taht you ate that much seafood in one sitting...
Blessings
Bliss