Monday, January 30, 2017 | By: Anita

Winter days

This is the perfect time to curl up in our sweaters, snuggle under a blanket, brew a pot of tea, sit by the fireplace and cozy up with a good book or movie. 

Can you believe January is almost over? 

With my backyard blanketed with a fresh covering of snow, it’s a good time to talk about what we’re into right now.

The night table 
This is the stack of books, I’m reading through.  
I’ve finished Only Daughter, {4 out of 5 stars}  The Life we Bury, {4 out of 5 stars} read 4 chapters of The Wrong side of Goodbye and realized it’s too close to John Grishams’ The Testament, so I didn’t bother finishing it… currently reading The Farm {pretty good so far}. 

The television 
Each and every January, we haul out our boxset of the series LOST, {because hello, Josh Holloway} and binge watch until all six seasons are finished… and now that the Australian Open is over, we’ve started season three.

The kitchen
With our boys out on their own, this mama still likes to make some homemade meals and send them to their homes.  So about once a month, I get the ingredients I need and I cook up a storm.  One fav is this.
Taco bake Casserole

As for me, I’ve decided to again to eliminate dairy, eggs, peanuts, sugar, MSG, corn, wheat, red meat and nightshade vegetables from my diet.  Not an easy task mind you, but one I’m hoping that with time, will improve my health.  Thank goodness for almond milk and this recipe.

Chai Spiced Granola


The iPad 
I’ve been reading a few new blogs…
The Lazy Genius Collective 
Cranberry Tea Time
Blessed Transgressions 
Living in the Moment
And of course I still love seeing what the “the girls” over at Mennonite Girls Can Cook are cooking up.  I’ve also been enjoying the Holy Bible app, and read my daily devotions from there. And let’s be honest here, after all we’re friends right? I love my recolor app.

The Radio
Been listening to k-love radio, a Christian radio station in the states.  And lovin’ it! It’s a great motivator. 

How about you? What are your own faves?

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I've been wishing for time to read, but the one book I've read since Christmas is the Magnolia Story about Chip and Joanna Gaines. I love that show, so I loved the book. As to reading the Bible, my goal is one chapter a day and I am happy to say I'm almost finished the OT after two years ... looking forward to the NT!
I've enjoyed trying some new recipes, one favorite being lettuce wraps. My version of a conglomeration of others and what I've had at Cactus Club.
I have listened to K-love when we have travelled in the US and loved that station too.
Hope your restricted diet works for you. That would be hard. Thank you for your regular visits.