Thursday, October 6, 2016 | By: Anita

Who me?

The other day my loving son said to me “you know mom you could pass for someone in her late forties”.  Um, hello, I am in my late forties.  

So why did his comment bother me so?  Did I think I could still pass for 29?  Not even close! 

I mean, sure, my children are now adults. And yes, I have the cutest grandson there is, but in my mind, I am not late forties. 

Perhaps “middle-aged”, which dictionary.com describes:: being of the age intermediate between youth and old age, roughly between 45 and 65:: would be a better way to describe myself.  Not sure if that's much different. 
How did this happen?

I certainly don’t feel middle-aged. Although what that feels like I'm not so sure. But I cannot deny what my birth certificate says. 

And you know what? 

I guess it's okay to be “middle-aged.” {I would like to mention I am on the younger side of this category}  Because while I’m still here, I plan to make the most of what God has for me to do, and I want to make the most of each moment I’m given.

I’m thankful age is just a number.

Take Care


1 comments:

Anneliese said...

Age is such a funny thing in our minds. I would be okay if my son would tell me I could pass for someone on their forties... ha! Ha! That's because I'm in my fifties. It is probably impossible for our kids to think we look younger than we are because they have always thought of us as being so much older ... because we are parents! I think that young feeling, inside, is something we will always feel. I remember my mother-in-law takling about the old people in her retirement home... like she was not old. =)