Thursday, June 2, 2016 | By: Anita

Encouragement

We all need encouragement. 

We all face challenges and difficult opportunities in life. Some of you are blessed with only a few, and others, like me are faced with struggles that are sometimes debilitating and it's easy to become discontent….. which is the total opposite of my 2016 ONE WORD

Oh, the irony!?! 

It’s far too easy for me to only see the problems and become discouraged. That’s often because my focus is solely on me. My problems. My struggles. My predicament. 

Sometimes life gets so discouraging and our problems tend to overwhelm us. But when we take a minute ~ an actual minute, and listen to each other, we can begin to love, support and encourage each other.  Too often we think we are all alone.
If you’re feeling burdened and overwhelmed by the demands of life, begin changing the world by encouraging one person. They might be your daughter, your son, or someone else in your close family. How about the person you meet at the checkout counter, or the people you work with everyday, even your neighbour …  We all need that someone to reassure us, comfort us, tell us we’re going to make it. 

That's how encouragement works. It’s contagious

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11 {New International Version {NIV}} 


Take care

0 comments: