Monday, June 6, 2016 | By: Anita

Ordinary

It’s a normal, everyday kind of day. 

At least it is in my corner of the world. At this moment anyway. 

There’s nothing exciting going on. Nothing new. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

In fact, you might be quite bored with life around here today. 

Today, I simply get to work on routine things. Moving around the house, picking things up and putting them back where they belong: socks, books, receipts, empty cups, inside-out shirts, dishes, recycling. One after another, everything is restored to its place and order slowly returns to this house. 

To be honest... these are days when I have a terrible attitude. Because all too often I am looking for those larger-than-life moments. The uber-spectacular, monumental opportunities that memories are made of…. 

It is on these very days that I need this reminder. 

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24 {New International Version {(NIV}} 

Each and every single day is a gift. 
I’m quite okay with an everyday kind of day; you know?

Take Care

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

I wish I would remember now where I read this, so I could quote but it had something to do with appreciating the small things because they will be the most significant things in the end. I look at my mom now, who is loosing her memory, and sometimes all I want is for her to remember to make a cup of coffee and cake when we come over. Does that count for one of those little things?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the scripture reminder...in these last few days of school I am getting so bored with the same old routine....
I need to remember to make each day count...make it special for myself and those I come in contact with
Bliss