Monday, February 8, 2016 | By: Anita

NoT ToDaY

I get tired very easily. 

The more effort something requires, the more quickly I tire. The more stressful or emotional a situation is, the more quickly I will tire. There are only so many Spoons in a day {know what I mean?}
Most people start the day with unlimited amount of spoons {possibilities, and energy} to do whatever they desire. Me, on the other hand, have days {like today} where I count them on a single hand. One of the hardest things I ever had to learn is to slow down, and not do everything. I fight this to this day.

I’m SO tired lately. As the saying goes, “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired”. I’m overwhelmed, exhausted and simply want/need to stay at home ~ unfortunately this is becoming quite common for me. 

When I’m in an active cycle of my illness the only way I can cope while I endure the worst of it is by reading a book or watching something really good on TV {or a movie} doing something/anything to distract my mind. Not everyone, however, has the opportunity to do what their body needs. People have kids and jobs and families to attend to. I'm fortunate that I can pretty much sleep/rest/read/watch/do whatever and whenever I need to.

My hubby is an amazing man. He's my hero and my greatest supporter. Without him, I'd be so very lost.  It's very important for friends and family to be supportive ~ there is nothing worse than having to prove to those around me what it’s like to live with Fibromyalgia.
And while this is something that I will likely struggle with for the rest of my life ~ I will “Be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b {New International Version {NIV}} 

Take Care

2 comments:

Debra said...

Found out at Christmas that my body is not absorbing vitamin d as it should...result osteoarthritis . Some days bad some good. I've begun to understand chornic pain and how it can affect the body and mind especially when you can't do something as simple as opening a jar. I knew my hands were getting bad but now it's in other joints and it does also cause fatigue. I hear you when you say that your lucky that you can just rest. My hard core crafting days are over hence the blog silence and ive not figured how I want to continue that. Lots to think about but right now just waiting for new baby to arrive.

Anneliese said...

As much as it is good to know it's invisible, that's what makes it hard. The friend I walk with, has fibromyalgia and it is easy to forget when she seems like such an energetic person. I appreciate that she keeps walking even though it's hard for her at times. Her resolve keeps me going too. Wishing you renewed strength for each day.