Tuesday, February 23, 2016 | By: Anita

Limited

Quite often I find that when you ask people “how they are?” the response more often than not is “busy”... 

I too used to proudly wear busy as a badge of honour. 
Busyness made me feel productive and needed, and I overlooked the havoc it was wreaking in my life. 

Oh, there were warning signs, but I just kept telling myself myself I was a strong, confident woman, who could handle the stress and chaos. 

But contrary to what many of us have been told, we simply can not handle it all, nor should we. 

It took a long time for me to reach the place in my life where I finally came to accept that I am chronically ill.  It’s something I’ve been working on for the last several years. And thankfully, I’ve come to a place of acceptance and am okay with traveling down this road in my life. 

Having a limited capacity is not a flaw in my character. It is by glorious design and for an incredible purpose: to realize my need for Him. And that means letting my life be about what I am meant to do, what God created me to do, and not what the world thinks I ‘should’ do. 

God has a plan for each of us.

“In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths”.
Proverbs 3:6
{English Standard Version {ESV}} 


So I’m committing to be content rather than busy, and continue to ask God to help guide me.

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

This reminds me of the Apostle Paul's thorn in the flesh...all about letting our life be about what God created us to do, and being content with that. His grace is sufficient. Thank you for sharing this.