Friday, January 15, 2016 | By: Anita

Wintertime

After very mild December, ole man winter has more than made up for it ~ blessing us with snow squalls, bitter winds, colder temperatures and piles of snowfall! 

Did I mention the piles of snow!
I actually kinda like winter. 

Yes, really! No, I am not kidding! 

First I must clarify that I am not writing this sitting on a beach in the Dominican Republic while sipping a rum punch ~ although that does come later.   I am writing this from good ole Huron county... and we get snow here, although not nearly as much as I'd like. 

I am absolutely saying "I love snow." As much as possible. {Note: I am not saying I love driving in snow ~ there is a difference.} 

Here are just a few reasons that I like winter:

I like winter because I am a homebody introvert and few things thrill me more than when something I am supposed to leave the house to do gets cancelled and so I am required to stay home. {Maybe the weather will get so bad that all the roads are closed and no one can get anywhere and we’re actually ordered to stay home!} 

I like winter because I am all about cozy, and I am all about comfort. Just let me put on a sweater and eat a bowl of homemade potato soup. 

I like winter because if you are curled up under a blanket on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and someone finds out about it, they think you are just being seasonally appropriate. Whereas if you do the same thing in the spring and someone finds out about it, they frown disapprovingly and suggest that perhaps you should be outside gardening. 

And so, dear winter, I remain your faithful {if rather lonely} fan. And while you are here, will you please allow me to at least hope that I might... 

1. Wear fleece. And hoodies. And fleece hoodies. 

2. Watch the weather network to issue a Winter Storm Warning for our county. 

3. Get a bus-cancellation call and sleep in with the hubs. 

4. Wear woolen socks. 

5. Sit by the fireplace and enjoy a glass of wine. 

How about you? Do happen to at least appreciate winter, I'd love to hear from you!

Take Care

0 comments: