Wednesday, January 13, 2016 | By: Anita

Tis the Season

Depression and anxiety come easy for me this time of year... 

And sadly, I do what most people do in these times. I retreat. I pull away. I try to hibernate.

It was a rough week last week, where “stuff” just bubbled up and there was simply no rest for my body, my mind or my soul? Yeah, it was that kind of week for me. Do you have weeks like that?

I’ve never been one to admit defeat as I don’t like feeling or appearing weak in any circumstance. But I know that I am. And I know that if I am going to learn to fully accept things as they are, then I must learn to be content with my limitations. 

I want the Lord to teach me how to not see my limitations as boundaries, but as places to acknowledge my weakness and accept the fact that I need Him to help me through it. When we fully come to realize our limitations, and give them over to God, we can be content with the fact that with God, all things are possible. 
2 Corinthians 12:10 {English Standard Version {ESV}} "For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

What a great reminder!

Take Care

0 comments: