Monday, January 25, 2016 | By: Anita

Givin'er your all

I've come to realize that when I spread myself too thin, I’m not wholeheartedly giving anything my all. But, I can’t stand to disappoint anyone. Because what would they think of me, if I said “NO?” I don’t want to be labelled as the girl who can’t handle it. But deep, deep down, I stress over how others are judging my every move.
Life is full of choices, and there are so many “good” options out there. But one can only spread oneself so thin, because in the end something’s gotta give. 

As I’ve tried to adjust my viewpoint, here are a few things I’ve learned I’m learning: 
We are all in different seasons of life and there is nothing wrong, better, or more holy about one versus the other. Different seasons enable us to do different things at different times. There is no shame in that.
What works for one person right now, may not work for me in this moment. And that’s okay! 
And if someone else seems to have it all perfectly together, the thing to remember here is the word SEEMS... their struggles are just as real, just as huge, and just as hard to bear.

Life is NOT a race. It is a journey, and we are meant to enjoy it…every messy, amazing, mundane, and glorious moment. 

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” {Colossians 3:23 {New International Version {NIV}} 

What about you? Do you ever struggle with feeling like you have to do it all too?

Take Care

0 comments: