Tuesday, September 8, 2015 | By: Anita

Back to ... bus, the books and routine

Back to school for him
means back to routine for me.

As September rolls in and summer fades away, it’s time for me to get back to routine. No more lazy days of summer.  This is the time of year when even those of us who aren’t returning to school are more than ready to establish routine back into our lives.

Routine described as a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program.

There is nothing more satisfying to this Type “A” girl than a series of neat, orderly to-do lists checked off.  The drawback of being a list maker is that, often, life does not organize itself neatly around my list…

Because, let’s face it, 
life is full of distractions.

With the always-on technologies of today, it can make being productive extremely difficult.  I worry about my growing inability to avoid checking Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or blogs that I follow.

Sadly, I am guilty of it, a time or two, or three or ten. Maybe we all are?? 

Too often I’ve set out to do a specific task, only to find myself minutes later doing something completely different  Sadly, distracted living is a way of life for many of us, and we may not even realize it.

Let’s begin friends, at the start of this new school year, to live our lives with a little more focus. With a healthy routine of tasks to compete each day but to also allow for those spontaneous moments to occur; where we are present in each moment, and fully attentive to those around us. Sure, we might get less done; but that‘s okay!

Having a regular routine can be essential to balancing the home, work schedules and personal time . Just knowing that I have a schedule in place for the day, the week, or even the whole month can make me feel calmer and more in control of whatever tasks that are needed to be completed.

Take Care

4 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

"Driving my bus, driving my bus and opening the door and driving mah bus!" Happy Back to School, Farmer! I bet all your kids were excited to see you again, or was it the other way around? ;)

Anneliese said...

I'm always sad to have summer come to an end but I'm also a girl who likes routine ... Make plans and get them done! It feels good! Happy Fall to you however that changes things for you.

Debra said...

I adore September for this reason. I mean nothing in my house has changed really but I think after years of school and then your kids going to school you find yourself falling into some sort of new/old routine.

Becky said...

Well said..it is good to have routine, with a little pinch of flexibility to have this just happen!
It's good to be back to school and all the new experiences this new chapter will bring