Monday, September 28, 2015 | By: Anita

Baby love

Several months ago Krystle & Gerard shared their wonderful news with us … and yesterday our church family celebrated with a baby shower for her and Baby Z.

So I'm about to become a grandma ~ well I think I'll be called Gigi... I know, many of you are surprised that someone as young as me is going to be a grandmother. But it’s true! 

To be honest I am excited about becoming a Gigi; and already I feel this thing building inside me that can’t wait to get my hands on that little pumpkin!  I envision rocking that baby to sleep and singing Jesus Loves Me.
I find myself thinking about holding my child’s child and I get all weepy. I remember when she was just a baby…{le sigh} and now here she is all grown up and about to become a mother herself.  I don’t have a clue where all the years went.

New babies are new beginnings. Unimaginable gifts to their parents…but also to their grandparents.  There is going to be such joy when we welcome this little one into the world.

Let the countdown begin!

Take Care

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

Congratulations! I know yo had nothing to do with it, but it's something big to celebrate for sure! I am so happy to read this! I thought I was too young at first to become a Grammy but it's good to have the chance to have many happy healthy years to enjoy this time.

Debra said...

Not long now! I love being a Debbie.

krystle ann-marie said...

Thanks Mom! This was so encouraging and thoughtful. It moved me to tears as well!