Friday, September 19, 2014 | By: Anita

{not} a party

there are some days, like today, the pain flare ups still get to me and i sit here and have my own little pity party.  
pain wouldn’t be so bad, if it didn’t hurt so much.

i am a type-a person, and a planner {shocking, i know}. despite those qualities, i still had no idea that these were headed my way! having been diagnosed with a chronic illness reminded me that i, alone can not control what happens in my life. but being the control freak that i am, it still wreaked havoc in my head. i was afraid because i had no idea how to deal with it all.

my life journey took a turn i never expected, or one i had planned for.  i stressed and worried; i created alternate endings in my mind. i dreamt of how different it could be if only…

it’s hard to let go.

but since there is nothing i can do. i must learn to accept the limitations that i have and only do what it is that i can do and to stop comparing myself to others. when i am tempted to overdo to prove that i am just as capable as other people, i need to remind myself it is okay to say no. it doesn’t make it easier, but it is affecting me less; and my trust in God is growing.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” {Proverbs 3:5&6 New International Version {NIV}}.

there will be circumstances beyond our control, decisions that we will make ~ both right and wrong. we think that our lives will work out in a certain way, but then things change and the reality is far different it can be hard to accept.  while i may not know what the future holds, i do know the one who holds my future.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 {New International Version {NIV}}

Blessings

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this article. I know that when we go through trials we are being blessed because we are being able to grow!

My question is why do you think people feel the need to have a pity party and become angry with God?