Sunday, July 14, 2013 | By: Anita

Walking Along

When I walk, I try to leave everything behind. Sometimes I’ll take my camera with me, hoping to capture the beauty that is before me ~ but since I am not very proficient at taking pictures ~ I tend to leave it behind as now it only keeps me distracted. In fact I don’t even wear a watch as I find that that too can be distracting. I try to use my time on the quiet country roads as an opportunity to process my thoughts, think through my ideas and to earnestly pray for the situations I find myself in. This well-spent time can help to put everything back into perspective.

I’m yearning how to walk like a believer, how to look ahead on the path rather than just at my feet. How to stop and to pick up the stones that are unique and catch my eye, usually it’s the sparkly pretty ones that catch my eye and end up in my pocket, I’ve gathered quite a collection of stones,

to watch as the birds flit through trees, to admire the vines growing over the stone pile. How to see, truly see.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this.  There was a time when I would read the inspiring words other people wrote and I would think why can’t I write like them? Why does it take so long for me to put my thoughts and ideas into words? Their posts seem to flow and their words come so easy. There are days when I struggle with what I want to say. I type it off and then hit delete more times than I care to count. Others make it look so easy. I'm a bit of a thinker and to be honest it takes me a lot of time until I can get my thoughts and words put together. In fact there are several posts sitting “in the que”, waiting ~ you see I am great at coming up with different titles to the posts, have some awesome pictures I’d like to post, but I need more time to process all my thoughts, to put the words together until they are just right and say exactly what it is that I need to express.

As I trundle along I the country roads thinking through the different ideas I have for postings, I am reminded that it’s all about perspective.

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I like walking alone too. Shocking, I know! But it definitely gives me quiet time to think, to reflect, to pray. I do make "white" space in my life, it's just not as much as you! :)