Thursday, July 18, 2013 | By: Anita

A time to .. ..

Watching as the wheat is being combined I'm remininded of the passage in Ecclesiastes 3: 1 & 2a {New Living Translation}For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven..... A time to plant and a time to harvest..”
Each fall, my farmer-husband faithfully plants the wheat seed in the ground, watching & waiting as it grows. We then patiently, {he more than me} wait as the rains come, the snow coveres it, watch as it matures, until it yesterday, when it was time to harvest it.

One of the things I've learned during both planting and harvesting is that it's very important to stay out of the farmer's way during this time and just let him do his thing. It used to be a stressful time for me when the kids were younger, because Daddy was very busy and parenting our kids would become mostly my responsibility. {who am i kidding ~ this is still a stressful time ~ I've just learned to stay out of his way!} To be honest it is a little easier now to cope with the long work days and the stress he faces relying on the weather for getting the crops off ~ I have had more than 25 years of experience.
Wayne has the heart of a farmer; he loves planting, tilling, ploughing, harvesting, haying, absolutely everything there is about farming. While each season of farming brings different challenges, his patience throughout it all is remarkable. I doubt know there is anything else he would rather do.

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Yay! The wheat must be hummin' if it's time to take it off. :) Looks good, Farmer!