Tuesday, May 31, 2011 | By: Anita

Flowerbeds, Gardens and Rain, oh my

Flowerbeds, gardens and rain, on my!, flowerbeds, gardens and.. . ..

RAIN!

oh my!

I am not the most patient of people, just ask my husband. It seems that with all the rain we've been having I've learned a few lessons.

Lesson 1: After the rain, do not attempt to weed the garden as your boots can and most likely will get stuck in the mud.
Lesson 2: Do not mow the lawn immediately following the rain as it leaves horrible large clumps of grass all over the yard. {which then need to get raked creating even more work}
Lesson 3: Do not leave clothes on the wash-line during the rain. Not only will it not dry, it will also wrap itself around the line making it quite difficult to remove.
Lesson 4: Do not ask your husband to get things done before the rain, cause he might get caught in.

Lesson 5: Be patient. Because even though I have a list of things I'd like done outside, I need to wait until a) it either stops raining or b) it drys up enough from the rain.

I have a Type A personality, which Wikipedia describes as "Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, over-ambitious, business-like, hostile, aggressive, incapable of relaxation in taking the smallest issues too seriously; and are somewhat disliked for the way that they're always rushing and demanding other people to serve to their standards of satisfaction.[1] They are often high and over-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies." ouch, that was a little harsh, and unfortunately true ^.^

It's a little easier to understand then why this weather has been so frustrating for me. I have my lists of things to do and a timeline to have them done and the weather is totally not following those plans.

Lesson 5 is probably the most important one and I figure I better learn it quick, cause I am not enjoying all the opportunities presented to me to learn it.

Blessings

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

Reminds me of the prayer.. give me patience to be patient.

krystle ann-marie said...

I am also very impatient. But God has blessed me with an extra-patient husband. :)

Becky said...

This too shall pass and the warm weather is FINALLY on its way...take each day as it comes and make the most of it
Patience is a HARD thing to learn... I should know God is still working on me....

Bliss