Friday, May 6, 2011 | By: Anita

Birthday Tribute

Most of the family was able to get together {on Sunday} to celebrate my Mom's birthday. Since her birthday is so close to Mother's day we tend to celebrate the two together. In a way it seems unfair that she gets cheated out of one of the days.

Did you know that a tribute is "a gift, testimonial, compliment, or the like, given as due or in acknowledgment of gratitude or esteem"; according to dictionary.com anyway.

So here is my tribute {such that it is} to my mom - who's birthday is today!!!

My mom, the one who gave me the gift of life. Who taught me to cook, clean, sew, bake, all those things girls need to know. She by her example showed me how to be a wife and mother. But probably the most important thing she ever gave me was to teach me about God; so that we can, not only in this life be together, but to spend eternity together too! Thanks Mom! May you be blessed today as you celebrate the day of your birth, but know that we are blessed to be able to celebrate you.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks
Sending you a hug
Love Mom

Becky said...

Very nice post....
why is it that it takes a special occassion to say how we feel about someone we love ???

It is something we should never take for granted. We need to say things when they are thought about,and not miss the moment to make a memory.

Blessings
Bliss