Thursday, March 30, 2017 | By: Anita

So here I am...

Still blogging.

Some people take to it like a duck takes to water.  And of all the people I knew to start a blog  when I did, who would have thought that I would still be here 10 years later?!?

Certainly not me.

And yet ...

It’s been a good thing this blogging.

Over the years my blogging has evolved.  I can see how my writing has changed.  How my format has changed. Even the graphics have changed.  But the biggest change would be how God has developed something that I am truly blessed by.  

Blog Land was where I belonged.  It was in 2007, when I started and I had no idea what I was doing exactly, but I went for it. I found it to be a place of comfort and inspiration.  

Sometimes we may think that we’d never be good at something, it just isn’t “our thing.” But God knows our hearts, and He wanted me to write.  He knew how much it would fulfill me.  

Blogging has been an incredible gift to me.  I’ve enjoyed writing about my life, sharing some of my favourite moments of our family and leaving a bit of legacy here.  It’s been quite a journey, one I never expected taking in the first place.

I’ve LOVED writing! Still do, but I must admit, it’s getting lower on my priority list. Because for some time now, I’ve been feeling, like maybe it’s time to let this go.  It’s become more of a chore than it should be.  Perhaps I expected the process and results to be similar to what it once was.  

I’m hesitant, because I’ve become sentimental about this blog and I’m proud of the work I’ve done here. I’ve identified myself for so long with this blog, that if I’m being honest, I’m struggling with letting it go. But as I started watching for the signs and thinking over the decision, it became more clear that calling this blog “finished” is the right thing.

It’s time.  

Thank you to those who followed, commented, and encouraged me.

To everything there is a season, and my time here is done…

Take Care 

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I've been on vacation and just reading this now. I hear you .. i'm a year behind you and have wondered about when it's time but have had a hard time stopping completely. I understand the good feelings that come with writing and I'm sorry to see you quit. I hope that when you feel the need to write, you come back. In the meantime, may God bless you with the desires of your heart.