Monday, March 6, 2017 | By: Anita

Mundane Mondays

Every time someone posted their One Word for 2017, I’d think, ooh, that’s a good one. But you know, I didn’t want someone else’s word. I wanted my word. And wouldn’t you know, just as soon as I chose my #oneword for 2017, I would have the opportunity to embrace it… and to embrace it grandly. 

Things happen in life over which we have no control. It’s the way in which we respond to those things that determines how we feel.

Let’s face it ~ life can be mundane sometimes. {Especially Mondays}

There’s the day in, day out shuffle of work or school or whatever else it is you do on a daily basis and no matter what you do to try to spice things up, things will probably start to feel boring at some point.

In the midst of the hustle and bustle of each day, when tasks and to-dos seem to stretch with no end in sight, it’s easy for me to forget the wonder of the day.

But God is there in the little things. He shows His love and care in the everyday moments. A sunset filled with orange, red, and pink.  Gently falling snow.  A hot cup of tea on a cold day.  A smile. 

God provides little things each day for us to enjoy!

It can be as simple as…
Driving a different way home and discovering a new scene.
Ordering something different from our regular menu
Grabbing a book and learning something new
Scheduling in time for whatever that “something” is that you want different in your life.

When I remember to pay attention to the joy around me, my Mondays become easier. Less mundane. 
My word this year is JOY...not because my life is good all the time but because God is!

Take Care

0 comments: