Friday, March 3, 2017 | By: Anita

It's a journey

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6, {New International Version {NIV}} 

Did you hear that?

He will make your paths straight.

Too often I lean on my own understanding before leaning on Him.

It’s a little stressful for me to imagine my life as a path. To think that God has a specific lane for me and it’s my job to stay between the lines. Or I won’t end up in the right place. Or a wrong turn will ruin everything.  If it’s up to me to stay on the path, I’d be lost for sure. Mostly because I’m directionally challenged. Like seriously challenged. Like lost in a closet challenged!

Life is full of so many complications, so many choices, so many tough decisions.  So many different paths that are available to us to take. The right path, the wrong path, a career path. Sometimes there’s a fork in the road and we have to make a choice. Sometimes, the path gets dark and lonely and we feel like maybe, just maybe, we took a wrong turn somewhere. 

When I think about trying to do right, trying to find God’s will for my life, or trying to chose the path for my life, it’s sometimes overwhelming.  Plus, I also overthink everything.

All too often, I forget life isn’t a race to the finish line… it’s a journey. And it’s up to us to
When we put our trust in Jesus Christ, we need not worry which way to walk, or what may lie around the next bend. He tells us Isaiah 30:21 “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’”

Take Care

0 comments: