Tuesday, July 7, 2015 | By: Anita

tasty tuesday

Cake for breakfast?

Thanks to Pinterest, the word is that you can make waffles with a cake mix.  And since I love trying new recipes, I simply had to try it for myself, and yes, it really works! But and probably more importantly they’re completely delicious! Breakfast couldn’t get any easier, or dessert for that matter.

Chocolate Cake Mix Waffles
Ingredients:
1 (16.5 oz) pkg Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines) 
1 cup water 
1/3 cup vegetable oil 
3 large eggs

Directions:
Preheat a waffle iron.
Prepare batter according to directions on package. 
Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour amount listed from waffle iron manufactures instructions into waffle iron and cook according to time listed on instructions. 
Serve warm with desired toppings. 
For optional Nutella Sauce: 
Whisk together 3/4 cup Nutella with 4 Tbsp milk (or more to thin as desired) until smooth. Warm in microwave if desired. Drizzle over waffles. These waffles are also good with sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Enjoy!

You could probably use other cake mix flavours, but chocolate always comes first, am I right? Or am I right?

Take Care

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I love breakfast dessert! Or dessert for breakfast. Either way, excited to try this easy recipe!