Monday, July 20, 2015 | By: Anita

Despite the Circumstances

Sometimes I complain so much that I get tired of hearing my own voice. It’s especially hard not to complain when I am in an active cycle of my illness.  It’s been one of those days weeks.

Complaining is one of my default modes.

Sometimes I’m just venting.

But sometimes, my complaint is legitimate and needs to be voiced, it’s good to be honest about valid concerns, but there’s a way to go about it.

And sometimes, we should just realize that
Most of the time though, the things we complain about such first world problems - like my daughter so aptly reminded me…

Ironic isn’t it?  That my word for 2015 is “thankful”.

After griping about this, that and everything else, I decided that I’m going to try my hardest to not complain for 48 hours.  But rather “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 {New International Version {NIV}}

Will you join me? 

Take Care

0 comments: