Friday, July 24, 2015 | By: Anita

Plan, Planner, Planning

I have always been a planner.

I like to plan.

I’ve probably told this you this before.

But if I don’t get to do the planning, I like to at least know the plan.

In advance.

So I can wrap my mind around it. Get used to the idea. Prepare for it.

Most of us like to make lists to plan everything whether it’s a special event, what shopping we need, or our daily/weekly tasks to do. There’s nothing wrong with planning ahead.

God knows this about me, and He uses this character trait of mine to stretch me. To cause me to realize that my plans are feeble attempts. Now there is nothing wrong with flexibility and being spontaneous or impulsive ~ in fact if we rigidly stick to the plans sometimes we could miss out on opportunities that God puts our way.

There are just so many bad things that could happen in life. It seems like we spend a huge amount of time brainstorming a list of everything that could go wrong, instead of better using that same energy to ask God for steps we could take that will help us get in on what He’s doing.

But I struggle when I can’t predict what lies ahead.

I want to know.

I worry about tomorrow. I lay in bed and fall asleep worrying about what the next day will bring. Will I be able to handle it? Will tomorrow be better than today? Will tomorrow be more difficult? 
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

God has our best interests in mind. He knows our hearts. He knows what we need. In other words, we can trust Him with our future.

Take Care

1 comments:

Debra said...

I wonder if wanting to plan or having to know the plan comes with being a mom. I don't remember in my teenage years this being such a struggle for me because now I need to plan. I find it hard to have plans change at the spur of the moment and mentally need replan in my head what's going to happen or I feel all out of sorts.
Although God has a plan for us I wonder how frustrating we are to Him when we take a detour or don't just close our eyes and jump.