Tuesday, June 30, 2015 | By: Anita

My one word ~ thankful

At the beginning of this year, like in years past I joined with countless others choosing the alternative to new year’s resolutions, that’s growing in popularity, called OneWord365. The idea is that rather than setting specific resolutions that may not last past February, you have a single word which you focus on for the whole year, summarizing an area of life you feel needs some kind of growth or change.

As I sat at the end of 2014 and looked back over my life and praying and thinking about what goals I wanted to set for 2015, I’d been reflecting on the ways in which God has grown me over the last thirty+ years of my Christian journey.

I looked at the words before me, mulling them over and researching their meaning. I simply wanted what God had for me. For Him to fill me with His presence and purpose. And, to truly be ready for that, I must be thankful.

There was no telling how this word was going to unfold over the course of time. But unfold it has ~ with deeper meaning, with greater revelation, and with much amazement.

Since you have to start somewhere, it made sense for me to make a list ~ a list of things/people/opportunities/moments that happen and to give thanks for each of them. So each week I pause on Thursdays and I write seven things for which I am thankful. As I write these, I am gently reminded to say thanks and to keep on believing God for what He is blessing me with.
As you begin to think about all the things in your life you are thankful for, you will be amazed at the never ending thoughts that come back to you of more things to be thankful for.

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 {New International Version {NIV}}

May we become a people who are more thankful because of what He has done and because of what He had done may we be more thankful!

Take Care

0 comments: