Saturday, June 6, 2015 | By: Anita

Keeping my focus

I was doing fine.

Or so I thought…

Those last few weeks before the move were busy to say the least. Trying to keep my focus only on the good, the next thing on the list, making the hundreds of decisions, and getting everything ready for the big day!  In my flurry of activity ~ packing, purging, thinking, organizing, recycling, and cleaning, I had been holding things together pretty well.

But, I knew it was coming. I just didn’t know when.

I know myself well enough that when life feels overwhelming, I need to take some time and refocus, get refreshed and regroup. And sometimes, most times, that happens through tears.

This week, I’ve been unpacking the thousands {slight exaggeration} of boxes and deciding where to put it all in our new house.  And I've had more than my share of tears this week. Tears of joy. Tears of sadness. Tears of satisfaction. Overwhelming tears of “what have we done.”

But this is what were supposed to do, right? 
Life is changing, but God is in the changes.

That comforts me today. Through the changes of life, we are not alone. God is with us, and it’s going to be okay.

Do you find yourself in the middle of a change?  What brings you comfort?

Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I can imagine being overwhelmed with it all! What helps me is the
reminder that God does not change... and like you said, He is still with us.