Friday, November 28, 2014 | By: Anita

S-l-o-w-i-n-g D-o-w-n

2014 is swiftly coming to an end. I don’t even like writing that. It’s almost December and there is a tiny part of me, that holds my breath as the holiday season approaches.

So.

Much.

To.

Do.

And all I want to do is slow it all down.

As I listened to my daughter rhyme off yet another holiday event for their already getting-full schedule, I knew that in order for me cope well in this season I must intentionally schedule in white space. No one can continue at a frenzied pace for too long… we need space where we can rest.


Slowing down helps me recognize and appreciate the little gifts in life I would otherwise miss.

Slowing down relieves stress.

Slowing down brings me joy.

Are you stressing out about what will or won’t be happening? Or maybe you’re so excited with anticipation ~ filled with dreams ~ imagining the memories you want to create.

The important thing in this ~ is this: be intentional.

So let’s make that promise to each other.

As one of the busiest seasons of the year approaches, may we fight the tendency to rush and race through it. May we intentionally slow down to experience all this season is filled with. To appreciate the little pleasures and gifts along the way. To not miss one single precious moment. To be blessed and to be a blessing.

Blessings

0 comments: