Thursday, November 27, 2014 | By: Anita

here's the thing...

since most of the blogs i regularly follow are written by americans, this time of year, everyone gets really thankful. i mean like. really thankful.

like list every day and tell you what they are thankful for to the point you are thankful for december because november is over kind of thankful.

you know what i mean?

don’t get me wrong. i’m all for being thankful and looking for the beautiful things in life. i really am; but as the month wears on, it kinda gets to me.

am i the only one who feels like this?

and yet, after reading all these blogs, i’m reminded once again, that i should be focusing on all i do have, and not what i lack. that i should take time to remember all the things i’m blessed with and stop wishing my life was different.

the thing about november …. and december … and every single day … is that i have to choose to be thankful. 


 
when i accept God's plan, regardless of how different it is from my own, i can choose to be thankful for what He has given me because i don't deserve any of it. i can embrace the circumstances He gives me because i can trust that His purposes are good and best and He is at work in my life.

“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 {New Living Translation {NLT}}
 
so happy thanksgiving my american friends and thank you for reminding me that i do have a lot to be thankful for.

Blessings

0 comments: