Thursday, June 19, 2014 | By: Anita

What to do, What to do

We make decisions everyday in our lives. Some are easy, others, more difficult. How do you make decisions? Do you write out the pros & cons? Do you ask a friend's advice? Do you flip a coin?

Or do you turn to the good book and read:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6 & 7 {New International Version} {NIV}}

Sometimes I feel like I’m living my life in a maze? Walking along not sure which way to go, making random turns left or right not knowing if it's the right way. You either end up at a dead-end or it’s another turn and you continue guessing which way to go. When faced with choices, I want to make sure I pick the one that is God’s perfect will for me. I want to stay in line with exactly what He wants me to do.

Making decisions does not come easy for me. I tend to procrastinate and think long and hard before deciding, on just about anything.

Life brings changes to all of us yet I do not do well with change. My ideal life would be one where it pretty much stays the course. You know what I mean … a life where each day maintains a constant, un-altering course, perfectly navigated, heading towards the goal. No bumps. No turns. Just smooth sailing.

So it should not come as a surprise when life presents a change, I struggle. I struggle before God to know His will. And I do mean struggle. A life change, or an impacting decision, brings me to my knees. For a long time. I weigh a decision from every angle, talk to my family, and friends. I ask God for signs, often coming close to getting my woolly fleece out on the lawn like Gideon. I read Scriptures. Lots of them. But mostly, I pray asking God for discernment to guide my thoughts and way.

What do you do when you have trouble with making a decision?

Blessings


0 comments: