Sunday, June 29, 2014 | By: Anita

saying no

without feeling guilty... that’s the tricky thing
since it’s just you and me, can i share a little secret with you? promise you won’t tell? 

saying no is very hard for me. when i am asked to do this or be there for that it seems the word yes passes over my lips quicker than brain can tell my mouth anything different. there seems to be a couple of reasons for this. first thing is simply because what if i say no and they never ask me again. the second reason no doesn’t come easy is because i hate to think i may disappoint or let anyone down. i don’t want them to begin thinking i don’t care or that i am a slacker and not willing to help.

there are so many opportunities to serve, help out or get involved. so i decided to sit down to make a plan and listed a few questions to consider before committing to something new.

1. will this activity make a different long term?
2. is someone that may be better gifted to meet this need?
3. what will really happen if i say no?

as i ask myself these questions i also pray for God to give me discernment; to show me the answers through his plans. He is holding all my days numbered in His hands.

You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
Psalms 139:16 {New Living Translation {NLT}}

Do you have trouble saying no even to good things ? How are you learning to say no easier?

Blessings

1 comments:

Debra said...

Always thinking I need an excuse is a big one for me.