Friday, June 13, 2014 | By: Anita

A Gift

Have you ever laid in bed, and thought back over your week and groaned at the lack of a busy schedule with a nothing to-do list each day? And you think ~ why did I bother to even get out of bed?  Even though I am not super busy through the week, by the end of it, I am simply exhausted and overwhelmed.

But, God gave me a gift this week. One He knew I needed…

I am an avid reader, it’s one of my vices. 
I usually have several book from my local Library lying around. 
But due to a myriad of different circumstances, I found myself without a Library book, leaving me to re-read one from my own bookshelf. Now don’t get me wrong, I obviously liked these books good enough to buy them and add them to my collection, but honestly once a book has been read, how interesting can it be to read it again. And yet, rather than sit around and stare into space, I decided to pick up a book off my shelf and give it a go.

Neither the title, nor the author of the book are really important, it’s the message that I needed to read/hear. The author did a remarkable job. Throughout the story, we read of several opportunities for the characters to rely on God for their needs, and God continually came through for them. She liberally sprinkles clues in the form of biblical quotations and while the plot was predictable, this story really spoke to my inner heart. Sure it’s a fiction story and the author can make “anything” happen, but, I was left with a wonderful feeling inside when I read the last word. This book helped to remind me that with Christ “all things are possible.”

I don’t know about you, but I find it easy to forget that God is interested and concerned about everything in my life. I tend to dismiss some things in my life as petty, shying away from bringing them to God in prayer. Sure, I’m feeling a bit tired but often it never occurs to me to pray about it.

So it comes down to a bit of a trust issue. Do I trust what God has told me that He is my Father and wants me to come to Him for every daily need. He promises to help me, to be my Healer and Provider, helping me sort out my responsibilities and restoring me in my weariness.

Many times I get overwhelmed with life and forget how big our God is! God is always there to comfort us and reminding us to seek Him at all times in the good and bad.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.”
Psalm 23:1 {New Living Translation {NLT}}

Blessings

3 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krystle ann-marie said...

Isn't it great the way God can use different things in our day to speak truth into our everyday lives? I loved reading this post.

Debra said...

I always find it hard to believe that a God who cares about the goings on in the middle east, also cares about the fact that I can't find a missing sock. But He does and thats what makes Him great!