Thursday, January 9, 2014 | By: Anita

Intentional Plans

I am a type A personality through and through. I can make lists for days and I love having a “plan”. When I was younger I had big dreams and I loved writing in my diary/journal. I would sit back, imagining how life was going happen. After I found Jesus, I figured God was going to bless every decision I made.
Life was all going to go according to my plan.

Planning ahead and being intentional is a good way to live. There is nothing wrong with spontaneity but God wants us to be purposeful in the way we live.
 
But what happens when Life doesn’t go as planned…
Being married at 18 That was not part of my plan.
To a farmer, no less That was not part of my plan.
Having three kids in 4 years That was not part of my plan.
Going back to high school and graduating at the age of 29 That was not part of my plan.
Staying on the family farm That was not part of my plan.
Being diagnosed with significant health issues That was not part of my plan.


Hopefully you are getting the idea. It’s funny how quickly we forget that God is in control and that His plans are always best.  Nowhere are we promised a perfect life, but intentionally making choices will help move us in the direction towards godly living and fulfilling the purposes God has for our lives.

You see it’s not about my plans, it’s about His!
It may not be a part of your plan, but rest assured that our God is sovereign.

How about you? Are you a planner? Do you like making lists?


Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

I'm not sure how much of a planner I am. When I know what to plan for I plan ... but it seems I have also gone with the flow ... see what is going to happen and then plan. It is good to know that we have a sovereign God who has a good plan. I would not be where I am today without His plan unfolding and showing me He knows best.