Wednesday, January 1, 2014 | By: Anita

Happy New Year!

Some of us live with a past we don’t like. As we look back, there are choices we made we wish we could unmake. They don’t define who we are now ~ in Christ, we’re new, and clean, and forgiven. a new creation, free from condemnation 2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ but we regret them with all our hearts.

I’m a part of that group of people.


There are seasons of my life that found me walking totally apart from God, making my own decisions, and leaving the consequences to chance. I don’t like many of my choices from that season, and if I could go back and choose differently, I would.

But here I am, some … several years later, and the choices are what they are.

I can choose to let it define me, confine me, refine me, outshine me … or I can choose to move on and leave it behind me.
 
Here’s the thing ~ you can't erase your past. Your history. It's there, will always be there. But what it doesn't have to have, is a strangle hold on you. We all have histories. No one makes through life unscathed. That's a fact of life.
 
We can’t change our past.

But we can live fully in the now God provides through relationship with Jesus ~ a now filled with the knowledge of His grace, mercy, forgiveness, and redemption.
Today, as we begin a New Year, let us remind ourselves daily of Philippians 3:13b - 14 {New International Version {NIV}} “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”  and let's focus on making decisions intently, so there are no more pasts to regret! 

Blessings


1 comments:

Becky said...

Why does it seem only the new year is a time of reflection?
Each day is a new day...a chance to start over or erase the slate fro yesterday...that is the goal I set to achieve ...to or get what lies behind. You can't change the past but you can change how you will choose to walk in a new day..
Blessings
Happy new new year ( new day)
Bliss