Thursday, November 28, 2013 | By: Anita

With Thanksgiving in my Heart

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, and praise His name.
~ Psalm 100:4 {New International Version {NIV}}
As the scripture reminds us, we are to enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. But, if you’re like me, this is sometimes more easily said than done.

I find that a lot of my days I am not very thankful. Nor do I give a lot of praise. I tend to go through my days complaining sometimes too loudly about all the things I cannot do anymore. I tend to focus on the negative rather than look for any good in my life.

You know those days when you just feel blah? When everything seems to be going wrong?

I'm learning {slowly} that gratitude is the only solution.

I can be thankful. I am thankful.

On one such day when I was truly NOT thankful and complaining, I said to Him, “Lord, do you remember when I could just get up and do whatever I wanted to without any pain?” And He whispered to my heart, “Beloved, do you remember when you were so busy running here and there, you never once considered what a miracle it is?”

Do you ever have those moments? When you realize that you are not thankful?

So rather than focusing on the negative I am trying to focus on the positive. Like I am thankful that my husband loves to work and makes enough for us to live on without needing me to contribute to our finances. Or that he took his vows of in sickness and in health very seriously. I am thankful that I am able to help our kids when needed and that I still have the strength to do it. Or that I am still able to go for walks, make dinner and do simple household chores.. .. .. sure there is more, but I think you get the idea!

I am learning to “Be still and know that I am God” {Psalm 46:10 {New International Version {NIV}} and while I still do not have a firm grasp on the concept, since my inner being is constantly reaching for that “busy-ness” from before, I do get a great deal of comfort from that passage.

But I belong here. In the midst of all this. It’s what God has called me to. In this season. It’s my right now and thankfully not forever. I am blessed to be here {if I stop and really think about it}. So I will stay…

I know without a doubt that God has a plan for my life. I have days when I feel amazing and days when I don’t feel so hot. I have learned to take one day at a time. I also have learned the benefits of keeping a positive attitude about every situation in my life. I know that I am blessed. I know that I am loved. God is so good!

My challenge to you to is turn around the negatives in your life and find a way that God can meet that challenge and teach you something beautiful through it.

Blessings

ps. this post was written a month ago and was to be posted for Thanksgiving in October, but since I did blogtober this was post-poned until today!

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

Seems like we are both being challenged to take the time to be thankful. It truly is a better option.