Friday, November 15, 2013 | By: Anita

While I wait

I have no sense of direction. Really, really! I can walk into a store walk look around at a few things and when I leave I have no idea which way we came from nor which way to go… I can easily get lost in a closet. While that might seem funny to many, it actually is quite terrifying for me. I wrote a little about it here.

Thankfully when I am in the car and we lose our direction I have a handy little GPS, which helps me quickly find the right way to get to our destination. There is however no GPS in life. Many days I’m just frustrated. I’m still trying to figure out who I am and what He’s created me to be. I just can’t seem to measure up to what I feel I should be. These past few weeks I’ve been feeling stuck… in my ways, ideas, passion, purpose... my life feels out of control.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again
and expecting different results.”
~ Albert Einstein

I’m waiting for something… anything…

Do you know I’m bad at waiting? It’s not just that I’m impatient ~ although I have to admit I am. It’s also because when I’m waiting, the doubts start to creep in. Let’s be honest here, when I don’t get instant results I get impatient. And who out there loves to wait…
“Yet those who wait for the Lord ; will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” Isaiah 40:31 {New American Standard Bible {NASB}}

Waiting on God can have a similar effect.

When nothing seems to changing. Does that mean that God is not listening? Or could it mean “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.” Romans 5:3-4 {New Living Translation {NLT}}

In his song “Sovereign” Chris Tomlin sings;
“In your never failing love
You work everything for good
God whatever comes my way
I will trust you”


Patience doesn’t come easy for me. While some people might naturally be patient, the rest of us are given opportunities to practice and practice and practice and…

Blessings

0 comments: