Saturday, November 9, 2013 | By: Anita

Mad

I was so mad I could’ve spit. We had planned a nice dinner-date night out, but then his boss called and he was needed over at the barn ~ again. Normally, if we don’t have plans, I am ok with him heading back over, but this line, “you gotta work when the work is there” ~ is really starting to frustrate me!

So instead of being patient and remembering how he has been understanding of the times I’ve cancelled on him, I just got mad.


I felt put off.

Ignored.

Less important.

After all, this was supposed to be our time together. And I was really looking forward to it. I like to think that he was looking forward to it too. But when he has to cancel our time together, I start to wonder if he really wants to spend time with me.

When this starts to happen more and more, I get mad. I mean really mad.

But this isn’t about that one time or one missed dinner-date. It’s about a collection of times when situations have come up and I am placed second.  I carry these hurts around and think “meh, no big deal”.  But then after a significant amount of time has passed, I wonder if it’s no big deal, then why I am still mad.
 

So, I have to get past the mad and we need to talk this through.  
Even after 27 years of marriage, we still need to keep trying to understand each other.

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

We went to an awesome love and respect conference this weekend at our church...WOW were my eyes opened to so many things I never realized I do...it was a very inspiring weekend and made me realize even after 21 years married there is still much to learn..

In light of eternity our marriage is just a blip in time.. I need to make the most of this time, and take note of how much my actions in marriage are being viewed by my sons....

Blessings
Bliss