Wednesday, September 11, 2013 | By: Anita

Where were you?

September 11, 2001
Where were you?
There are those moments in life, when we can pinpoint exactly where we were when we heard tragic news. Whether it's when Elvis died, JFK was shot, Buddy Holly's plane went down, or when those planes crashed into the Twin Towers; most of us can tell you precisely where we were 12 years ago.
 
As I reflect on this day in history, I recall a conversation I had with my kids as they came home from school, that day.  We talked about this tragic incident and whether or not we should fear for our lives.  But I gently reminded them, that our God is the one who holds the universe and while this a horrible thing to have happened, God is in control of all things.
On this 9/11 may we be reminded of this.

Psalm 91:1 {New International Version {NIV}}

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Alimighty.”
 
Blessings

0 comments: