Tuesday, September 17, 2013 | By: Anita

Letter "B"

Oh how I use to love sitting with the kids watching Sesame street, with the lovable Muppet characters teaching my kids all about letters, numbers and colours.

Featuring the fab insect 4, “The Beetles”…This one is obviously a spoof of the song “Let It Be“ by the Beatles.
Our word today begins with the letter “B”

Can you imagine looking at yourself in the mirror and declaring, “I am beautiful!” and not saying that other B word?

Can you do it? Or is it too hard? Can you see my hand raised high?

I am only beginning to walk the path toward self acceptance. It is not something I am familiar with, and I find myself uncomfortable after the long decades of self criticism. I’m not skinny enough. I’m not tall enough. I’m not athletic enough. I’m not pretty enough. I’m not talkative enough. I’m not social enough. I’m not obedient enough. I’m not talented enough.

I’m not good enough.

Do these statements sound familiar to you?

I know for me, that sometimes I feel so ordinary and invisible…like I am just one of millions of others. Not quite fitting in, desperately trying to find my place. But the thing is, I am one of a kind ~ a unique and beautiful blend of all God wants me to be.

Thankfully, the Lord sees us differently. He sees the beauty. He sees the potential. He sees the gifts bestowed to us, merely waiting to bloom. We are formed by His hands. Beautiful and complex. Unique like the stars.

When we accept ourselves and learn to whisper, “I am beautiful because the Lord made me,” perhaps then our wholehearted beauty will burst forth.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

This was about the most enjoyable minute of my morning so far! The memories associated with the sounds of Sesame Street - observed from the side - as I was busy in the kitchen and the kids were entertained... just came flooding back. Do you mind if I put this video up one of these days?
I hear you on the feelings of not being good enough... beautiful enough.... the original lie of the enemy that most of us fall into. But (another letter B) God says we are precious in His sight... and dearly loved . . . He has given each of us a gift...maybe small in our eyes... but He also says that being small is good. I am encouraged when I read that it is in our weakness, that His strength is made perfect. If I can do any good, it is Him... may we encourage each other with that.