Wednesday, March 27, 2013 | By: Anita

My motto

These days it seems that for every step I take forward, I end up taking two steps backwards. Not a great way to get ahead, wouldn’t you agree?

You’d think that with only working part-time, I’d be able to get ahead with things around the house. Like the stacks of wedding photos from three years ago that are still waiting to be put in the photo albums, or give the house a good spring cleaning, {which was done when we were gearing up for that same wedding} or what about the closets that need to be purged of old and non-worn clothes, or how about organizing the games & video cupboard, or, here’s a good one, how about the boy’s room. Both boys moved out in September of 2010 when they left for college. Their rooms however look like they are only away for the weekend ~ because I’ve done nothing about it. I just keep doing what I’ve always done - which isn’t alot. Well now, that’s not quite true. I still make meals, do the laundry, tidy up, keep the dished washed, dried and put away, I try to go for a walk, and on a good day, perhaps go for run, read book or two, but that’s. about. it. Not much on the list to win me the good wife, mom, or contributor to the home award .. . . huh?

It seems that as each day passes, I am only able to manage the status quo. Because I am so far behind in everything that even the simplest of tasks seem to overwhelm me. .. . . and the more overwhelmed I feel, the further behind I seem to fall as every task seems insurmountable.

In fact sometimes even just thinking about everything that needs to be done overwhelms to the point that I can’t even get started on anything. I don’t know if making myself a goal list would help, or maybe I need someone to gently nudge me to get things done, giving me the incentive I need.

And then I remind myself of this:

Blessings


0 comments: