Friday, March 1, 2013 | By: Anita

Confessions from a cookbook addict

I've got a confession,
I'm addicted to cookbooks, cooking magazines, recipes blogs and probably would be addicted to Pinterest if I understood how it worked. And I’m thinking I still would to like to add more books to my collection. Yep, I think I've got an addiction.

There is a whole drawer in the kitchen that holds my cookbooks, oops well not quite. Remember when I did this?  This binder is filled with recipes I've cut out from of my Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Magazine {speaking of What’s Cooking  I get a bit excited when a new issue arrives. I can't wait to dive into it!} that book’s too big to store in the drawer so, it’s up in the cupboard above the fridge. {making more room in the drawer for more books ^.^}

Now, if I were making all any of these recipes, it might be one thing. But mainly I read them like a book of fiction and then try to incorporate some of their ideas or tips into my cooking/baking. Or, I try a recipe and end up tweaking it as I go along.

I'd like to tell you that I've examined my cookbook drawer and have decided I have enough recipes housed in there and that I don't need any more. But, alas, that would be a lie. One of my favourite cooking blogs would probably be Mennonite Girls Can Cook and of course I have their cookbook. Which may make you wonder why I need to have a hard copy of their recipes when I can easily find what I like on line. Well I did say I was addicted,. Didn’t I?

I could try to tell you that that would be the last of my new cookbooks for a while, but instead, I'll show you the newest one I just got. 
It’s from this blog and there was a contest to win - all you had to do was enter a comment saying which book you’d like to win and hope they drew your name. I was super surprised when the e-mail came that I won.

If you're interested ~ here is a list of a few other recipe blogs that I follow ~ daily
Cooking with Memories
Chocolate Covered Katie
Tasty Kitchen
Budget Bytes

So, um, sorry, I gotta go, I have a new book to read.

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

That's a good confession! I use Pinterest for a LOT of my inspiration when it comes to cooking.