Saturday, July 7, 2012 | By: Anita

Country Girl

There is just something about country living. Growing up in a small town I would have never thought it possible that I would become a country girl. There are distinct memories of me walking around my Grandpa S’s dairy farm with my fingers stuck up my nose to reduce the smell of that wonderful "dairy air"!

Too often we get caught up in the busyness of life that we fail to notice the beauty that's around us; often just outside our own doors. When the kids were little I was fascinated by their fascination of stuff - the bugs that crawled, the flowers, the baby kitties, the calves running in the field, and the list goes on... .. . .. At some point along the way I've allowed to many other things to clutter my mind and have therefore lost focus.

But sitting out on the deck tonight, watching the wind blow through the soy beans, hearing each crunch of the gravel announcing the arrival of guests driving in the lane and as the birds chirp their praises to God; I realize you just can’t beat the quiet of the country.

We've been blessed to have been able to raise our family on the farm which has been in Wayne's family since 1927 and to continue to live out our lives here.
Since our property is on the corner, we only have one neighbour and with 15 acres separating us, it's pretty secluded around here. Which lends itself to give us the quiet, the tranquility, and quite possibly the best view around.

Blessings

1 comments:

trump said...

Just passing through and thought id say hello folks. Richard